Throw some rock stars into a heart-pounding race to stop doomsday, all while trying to outrun bloodthirsty aliens and avoid getting lost in the Void, and you have…..
Info on Apollo’s Mission
Apollo’s Mission, a popular rock band, is at their height. Their only trouble is keeping up with a grueling touring schedule and warding off obsessive fans. But that all changes when they cross paths with Apocalypse, a religious-based terrorist group.
After being kidnapped by Apocolypse, one of the band members wakes up on their ship. While trying to escape, he stumbles upon Apocalypse’s “secret weapon” and flees with it. This throws he, and his bandmates, into a bloody fight with Apocalypse that they aren’t prepared for. Apollo’s mission quickly changes from achieving superstardom to saving their asses, and the world’s.
- Sci-fi, Adventure, Suspense, Horror
- Modern day/Contemporary
- Finished. In self-edits
- 52 K (the final version may vary slightly from this)
Extra info about the book:
- Apollo’s Mission was founded by three members, Atlas, Malachi, and Drew, who’ve been friends since childhood.
- Apollo’s Mission is named after it’s frontman, Atlas Apollo.
- There is a romantic thread in the storyline. Her name is Diana.
- Apocolypse is run by the followers of Io, who believe he will wake and bring about the apocalypse. They claim their followers will be the only ones saved when judgment day comes.
- The leaders of the Apocalypse are undead aliens. Not zombies. Undead.
- Io is a real person, and is actually “asleep”….well….kind of.
- There’s a place called the Void in the book. It’s a cross between the underworld, a wormhole, and a black hole. Live things don’t survive in there and bad things hide in it. Malachi is terrified of it, Atlas is fascinated by it. Drew never goes near it lol.
- I don’t know when this book will be released. I will give updates when I have them.
- Lastly, thanks to Rich for helping me brainstorm some names to use in the story. You’re always such a good help. You’re awesome 😉
Excerpt from Apollo’s Mission:
As if sedated, she felt tingly, pins and needles tapping at every inch of her skin. She didn’t know how she got here, and the last thing she remembered was passing out at the concert. Everything after that was fuzzy.
It felt like a metal bar was resting against her chest, someone holding her from behind. They had a large frame that resembled a man’s. He held her in a lover’s embrace, his hands cupping her breasts. But…he felt cold. Like a block of ice.
Like a corpse.
Her fear drove her to move, and she mustered a burst of strength. As if she had broken the chains that bound her to sleep, she inhaled deeply and struggled to fill her empty chest. Near her head, a vent pumped dry air into the room. The flow was cold, like the kiss of the winter wind. It felt like she was encased in a freezer, and there was no moisture here.
The darkness around her was thick and she couldn’t see anything. She was in an enclosed space and sensed the walls closing in on her. She wore a tight body suit, the fabric slick to the touch. It wasn’t enough to keep out the cold and she was shivering, her body feeling heavy and partially frozen.
Her mind raced, but she couldn’t feel her heart running with it. It was still, not a single beat pumping blood through her body. She attempted to squeeze out tears to relieve her stinging eyes, but she couldn’t conjure any, and no matter how hard she swallowed, she couldn’t relieve her scratchy throat.
She tried to shake off the other body connected to hers, but it felt like his muscles were tightened—perchance frozen. Shoving her bottom into his hips, she tried to get enough leverage to wiggle loose, but it didn’t break his death grip.
She patted the ceiling and walls to get a sense of where she was. And the verdict wasn’t good. She was trapped in a box of smooth metal.
Like a coffin.
She screamed out, but only a squeak was emitted. Pushing on the top of the container, she tried to move it, but it wouldn’t budge. She panicked, thrashing wildly, and her mouth opening wide as she tried to push out a scream. Pounding with her fists and kicking upward with her feet on the top of the box, she attempted to force it open.
So, that’s a preview of Apollo’s Mission! Are you excited?!
If you have any questions about the book, shoot me an email and I’d be happy to answer it for you. We can discuss the mysteries of the Void. It’ll be fun. My contact info is HERE.
Both Nightwalkers and CK’s prequels are free until the 11th on Amazon. They are great intros to the series. Go grab a copy 🙂
Christain’s Mate is out! And what better thing to give away than a book (Christian loves books by the way) in honor of the book releasing? I thought so, too 😉