Ask An Author: What is your most effective social media platform?
Today, I’ve asked my panel of published authors the question, “What is your most effective social media platform?” Here are their answers….
“WordPress is most effective for people to read samples of your work and get a real idea of what you write, why you write, and how you write. Twitter is most effective for getting quick attention and saying, “Hi. I have a book. Would you please read it? Thanks!”“
“Facebook, with WordPress as a close second.”
– S.L. Stacy
“I’ve found Facebook, don’t over post there otherwise you will drive perspective readers away, and Twitter to be the best. Also doing radio interviews and blogs.”
– Lindsay Downs
“Facebook because I cheat. When I post on Facebook it also posts on Twitter. I kill two birds with one stone.”
“For me, it’s WordPress, hands down. WP is where most of my followers are and where more people are engaged.
FB would be my second choice. Though it seems most people that follow my FB page know me in real life, so I wouldn’t say it’s been a good way for me to communicate with my readers.
I’m a big fan of the “don’t spam your friends” on FB thing. So, I don’t post writing related things on my personal FB. If my close friends/family want to know what I’m doing writing wise, they follow/check my page.
“(facebook, twitter, wordpress, etc) Facebook, for allowing communication with readers and friends of course, although WordPress is a great tool for allowing you to improve your writing craft and connect with other writers who in some cases also become wonderfully dear friends.”
Meet the Authors
- S.L. Stacy writes: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance. Find her on: Blog , Facebook Page , Goodreads , Twitter , Pinterest
- Tricia Andersen writes: Romantic Suspense, MMA Romance. Find her on: Facebook , website , Blog , twitter , pinterest , instagram
- Paula Acton writes: A mixture for short stories a dark, medieval fantasy for my novels. Find her on: Blog , Facebook , Twitter , Website , Amazon
- Decker Schutt writes Suspense, Thriller, Paranormal, Science Fiction. Find him on: Blog , Twitter
- Lindsay Downs writes: Regency Romantic Suspense, Regency Cozy Mystery. Find him on: Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , Goodreads , Lindsay Downs-Romance Author , Amazon
- H.N. writes this blog, so you don’t need her info. Just look on your sidebar 🙂
If you’re an author and want to participate, too, feel free to leave your answer in the comment section. We’d love to hear it!
This entry was posted on April 8, 2016 by H.N. Sieverding. It was filed under Uncategorized and was tagged with advice, author, blogging, book, books, fiction, inspiration, novel, publishing, reading, story, writer, writers, writing.