I’ve been absent on here, mostly because I’ve been busy. My thoughts are scattered this week so in this post I’m just gonna ramble.
I finished Forever Black last week. I’ll give it an intro in a separate post for anyone too lazy to go check out it’s page 😉 It needs some more tweaking but it’ll get done. I think my betas for the first one could kick start me into getting it edited if they begged (hint hint). It does look awesome though. And….there will be a definite third book in the series.
I got to work with an editor this week, which was an awesome experience. Ha ha, it shows how much I don’t know about grammar. Because of what I learned, I’m going back to Christian’s Kisses: Seed of the Master and tweaking it before it comes up for editing (in June I think?). I’ve also decided I like the second book better. Maybe it’s because Christian’s a softie in that one and it’s more on the horror side than a full on romance. I still love the scene where Josh saves Addison. It’s one of my favorites.
I’m also debating something. Everyone knows The Bloodlust Prince is my baby. After having someone offer to ‘buy’ it last year, I’ve been holding onto it quite tightly. I’m leery to send it to any publishers (though I probably should) or self publish it. Right now I’m stalling with this book.
Here are my goals and stuff I ‘should’ be doing:
- Finish editing Christian’s Kisses: Seed of the Master so I can get a new copy sent in.
- Start work on the first edit of Nightwalkers: Forever Black
- Read through The Bloodlust Prince
- Resist the urge to finish Black Hawke, Christian’s Kisses Book 3 or start Nightwalkers Book 3 (there’s a longer list but I stopped at those). I seriously need to do some editing. I’ll try to stick to this goal and not write anything new. We’ll see how that works out.
Things I learned this week:
- My son is smarter than me
- How to format texting in my stories (love this one-thanks Tabitha)
- Editing is fun when you actually have a goal and a concrete reason to do so.
- I’m struggling with negative thoughts. I worry about failure as an author way too much. Maybe it’s not a confidence issue but more of an avoidance tactic.
- My Uncle Jack died this week. Kyle grew upset when we heard me talking about it to his dad. He thought his ‘Uncle Jack’ (my brother) had died. It was the first talk about death I’ve had with him. He’s four. I was hoping to put that off until he was older.